The Applicability of Mathematics in Science: Indispensability and Ontology
Authors: Bangu, S.
Buy this book
- Hardcover £65.00
price for United Kingdom (gross)
- ISBN 978-0-230-28520-0
- Free shipping for individuals worldwide
- Usually dispatched within 3 to 5 business days.
- About this book
This examination of a series of philosophical issues arising from the applicability of mathematics to science consists of scientifically-informed philosophical analysis and argument. One distinctive feature of this project is that it proposes to look at issues in philosophy of mathematics within the larger context of philosophy of science.
- About the authors
SORIN BANGU is Associate Professor in the Department of Philosophy, University of Bergen, Norway. His main interests and publications are in philosophy of science and mathematics, and the history of analytic philosophy (especially Wittgenstein and Quine).
- Bibliographic Information
- Book Title
- The Applicability of Mathematics in Science: Indispensability and Ontology
- S. Bangu
- Series Title
- New Directions in the Philosophy of Science
- Palgrave Macmillan UK
- Copyright Holder
- Palgrave Macmillan, a division of Macmillan Publishers Limited
- Hardcover ISBN
- Edition Number
- Number of Pages