The Journal of Information Technology is published quarterly. There are no page charges for submission or publication.
Submission of manuscripts
Authors should submit papers electronically via the journal's electronic submission system at the link below. If you have used this system previously as an author, reviewer or editor you will already have been assigned login and password and you should use these. This will save having to re-enter personal data. For new users there is an option to register located immediately below the login and password boxes.
The submission system is designed to be self-explanatory but help is available within the submission site via the 'Author Instructions' tab.
Authors should submit a minimum of two files (author information file and article file). For articles and technical notes, they should contain the following elements:
1. Author Information File:
- the title of the article
- the author(s)' names and affiliations
- full contact details (including email, postal address and phone and fax numbers) for the corresponding author
- short biographies for each author (50 words maximum each) which will appear at the end of the paper
- the title of the article
- a summary or abstract of not more than 200 words. This should be self-contained and understandable by the general reader outside the context of the full paper.
- 3-6 keywords
- the article in full, including references
3. Figures and Tables
Figures and tables may be uploaded either embedded in the main article file or as separate files.
The authors' names and addresses must not appear in the body of the manuscript, to preserve anonymity.
Manuscripts containing author details of any kind will be returned for correction.
Submit papers in Word (.doc, .docx), RTF or LaTeX format. Submissions in PDF format are not accepted and will be returned to authors for resubmission in an accepted format prior to review.
Please note this journal does not have a LaTeX template.
If you wont to submit you manuscript online please use our submision tool:
Criteria for acceptance
In accepting work for publication, the Editors and reviewers give special weight to readability and interest value for a wide readership. All papers are reviewed by at least three expert referees as well as an Editor. The Editors' decision is final.
The electronic copy must meet the following criteria:
- The electronic manuscript is the final accepted version.
- All figures and tables are saved as separate files from the text.
- The paper is saved in its original application (e.g. Microsoft Word for Windows), also as RTF (rich text format) or Adobe Acrobat PDF if available, or as ASCII (plain) text.
- The files are clearly labelled with the journal title, author's names, paper title, contents and the application used.
- Sub-directories/folders are avoided, (keep the files at the top directory level).
- There is no automatic pagination.
- The files are not compressed.
- Double-line spaces are not used between items in lists.
- Journal style is followed for references, capitalization etc.