IMF Economic Review (IMFER) is dedicated to publishing peer-reviewed, high-quality, context-related academic research that addresses important policy questions, including:
- Macroeconomic implications of financial crises
- Economic and financial spillovers
- Policy responses to crises
- Fiscal policy and stabilization
- Policy responses to commodity price movements
- Monetary and macroprudential policies
IMF Economic Review emphasizes rigorous analysis with an empirical orientation that is of interest to a broad audience, including academics and policymakers. Studies that borrow from, and interact with, other fields such as finance, international trade, political economy, labor, economic history or development are also welcome.