<< Information for Lecturers
Request Inspection Copies
ABOUT OUR INSPECTION COPY SERVICE
The most influential factor in whether a student uses a textbook is a recommendation from his or her lecturer. In order that you can assess their suitability for your teaching, some of our textbooks are available free for you to inspect. Such books are marked as 'available on inspection' on our website and in our catalogues.
We will normally consider requests from teaching academics with a registered academic address teaching a class of at least 20 students. Please note that all inspection copy requests are subject to approval and that requests to send inspection copies overseas are fulfilled entirely at the discretion of our local representatives.
Need to see a text immediately, or prefer a copy electronically? Most of our textbooks are available as eTextbooks via CourseSmart. It is easy to request access and you will be able to search, use offline and access from anywhere. To access titles and request eInspection copies visit:
FOR HARD COPY REQUESTSIf you have found the text you'd like to consider for your course, there are 3 easy ways to request an inspection copy.
- The title of the book and the author (and the ISBN if possible)
- The name of the module for which you will consider the book
- The level of the module (undergraduate, MA, MBA, etc.)
- The number of students taking the module this year
- The start date of the module
1. ONLINE: This is the quickest and easiest way to request an inspection copy - you'll need to register with 'MY PALGRAVE' to do so. Once registered, find the book on our website and click on the yellow button "request inspection copy".
For more information on ordering online, click here.
2. EMAIL: You can request inspection copies by emailing email@example.com. For each book you'd like to consider, please tell us:
Please also include your full name and your academic address.
3. TELEPHONE: If you'd prefer to speak to someone, you can call our small but dedicated Lecturer Services Team on +44 (0)1256 302794. Lines are open Monday-Friday from 9am-5pm (UK time). Please bear with us if the lines are engaged during busy times, however, you can leave a message and someone will call you back (please leave your telephone number).
NEED HELP FINDING THE RIGHT BOOK? Click here.