Several of our key reference works are now available online, with access via Site Licenses:
The New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics, The Statesmanís Yearbook and the World Higher Education Database Online
Jump to >>
- The New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics
- The Statesmanís Yearbook
- The World Higher Education Database Online
- Contact us
The New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics
The New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics is a unique and encyclopaedic site offering over 2000 peer reviewed articles on contemporary economics.
The extensive range of content is updated quarterly and encompasses theory, methodology, empirical work, commentary and biographical analyses.
An unrivalled resource for a new generation of economists.
Other features include:
- Quarterly updates with new, topical articles on subjects such as the Eurozone Crisis, the Sub Prime Mortgage Crisis and the Economic Impact of the Olympic Games
- Articles on all aspects of economic theory ranging from Economic History and Systems, Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology and Mathematical and Quantitative Methods through to Monetary Policy, Taxation Subsidies and Revenues and International Trade and Finance
- A range of in depth articles on particular topics such as Urban, Rural and Regional Economics Ė subjects covered within this topic include Household Analysis, Production Analysis and Firm Location, Transportation Systems and Regional Government Analysis
- Biographies of Nobel Prize Winning Economists such as Gunnar Myrdal (1974), Franco Modigliani (1985) and Oliver Williamson (2009)
- Entries by Nobel Prize Winning authors such as Joseph Stiglitz, Milton Friedman and George Stigler
- NEW FOR 2012: improved homepage layout for easier accessibility and navigation
The Statesmanís Yearbook
The Statesmanís Yearbook features extensive and up to date profiles on every country in the world.
Each profile includes a concise geographic, historic, economic, political, social and cultural overview of the country together with accurate and up to date statistics.
- Detailed maps of 194 countries
- Biographic profiles of all current leaders
- Economic Overviews for every country
- Over 1,700 links to key national websites
- The complete archive from 1864 to present - a snapshot of the changing world
- Timeline of natural disasters
- Political and economic chronology of the Olympic Games
- Top 50 Think Tanks
- Focus Ė presents an extract from one of our monograph titles with an analysis of the content
- Spotlight Ė focuses on a pivotal event in history and discusses its impact on the world at the time and its relevance today
- Essays by the Editor including topics as diverse as the current state of print and online media to lessons from history and the fallibility of experts
- City Profile: series of quarterly in-depth city profiles
- NEW: The Statesman's Yearbook Comparison Tool makes it easy to view a wide range of data fields across all the countries of the world in one place. For example, use the tool to compare summary statistics for Brazil, China, India and Russia.
In a world where opinion and propaganda are frequently put forward as fact, The Statesmanís Yearbook remains the first point of reference for anyone needing reliable, concise information on any country in the world.
The World Higher Education Database Online
The World Higher Education Database Online is the most authoritative, comprehensive and up-to-date collection of information on higher education institutions and systems worldwide.
It provides a fully cross-referenced and searchable database featuring information on over 15,000 institutions in more than 180 countries.
Detailed information on the higher education system of every country is also included.
The World Higher Education Database Online provides:
- Consistent information for countries and institutions so comparisons can be made with ease
- Ability to filter search results using the following criteria: level of education, fields of study, region and country in the advanced search
- One-stop resource for focused information of everything a user needs to know about the higher education institutions in a country: structure, history, contact information, admissions, qualifications, staff, student statistics and fees
- Direct links to websites and email addresses for each institution and higher education bodies
- Data supplied by authoritative sources
- Ability to export up to 250 institution addresses
4,760 Palgrave Macmillan titles included in Thomson Reuters Book Citation Index at launch
In October 2011 Thomson Reuters announced the launch of the Web of Science Book Citation Index, a new resource covering 25,000 books in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities. Palgrave Macmillan is delighted to report that 4,760 of its scholarly books were included at launch.
A full list of the Palgrave Macmillan titles included can be viewed by searching for ĎPalgraveí at http://wokinfo.com/mbl/
For more information on the Book Citation Index, please visit:
Palgrave Macmillan launch open access initiative for the Social Sciences
Palgrave Open offers authors of accepted primary research papers the option to publish their articles with immediate Open Access upon publication.
Working in collaboration with scholarly institutions and learned society partners, Palgrave Macmillan has selected eighteen journals including the Journal of International Business Studies and BioSocieties to offer Open Access at launch.
Visit the Palgrave Open homepage for more information and a full list of titles included in the programme.
Why not see for yourself how valuable Palgrave Macmillanís online resources are and request a walkthrough with your Palgrave Macmillan Online Sales Representative today?
Our Online Sales Team can also provide you with more information and a quote for your site license access.
Contact our online sales team:
email@example.com (in the North and South America)
firstname.lastname@example.org (in Australasia)
email@example.com (in the rest of the world)