Information Technology Project Management
|Publication Date||September 2011|
|Formats||Paperback Ebook (PDF)|
Many of the project management methods and techniques of the past are still being used today, even though the technology, management and environment have changed. Information Technology Project Management explores the need to employ a modern project management approach to reflect today's environment. Focusing on IT projects, Lientz provides a comprehensive examination of the project management process, from the initiation of the project through to the planning, design, execution and closing.
• Detailed coverage of PMBoK and PRINCE2 methodologies
• Explores the practical aspects of project management
• Extensive case studies from a variety of industries
• Checklists and scorecards to measure all aspects of the project management process
• Coverage of HRM and other 'soft' elements of project management
• Guidelines on preventing project problems and failure
Based on the authors own extensive industry and teaching practice, Information Technology Project Management is an essential resource for undergraduate, postgraduate and MBA students studying project management.
Earlier editions of this work were published as Breakthrough Technology Project Management.