Reading and Making Notes
|Publication Date||June 2014|
|Series||Pocket Study Skills|
Reading and making notes at university is different from studying at school and college. Common questions students have include:
- what exactly do my tutors expect from me?
- how do I decide what to read from a long reading list?
- how can I make sure my notes will really help me produce excellent work?
This practical pocket guide takes you through all stages of reading and note making, from different reading purposes to making the most effective use of your notes. Features include:
- real university marking criteria, assignments, reading lists and texts
- examples of common pitfalls to avoid when using notes in an assignment
- new to this edition – an expanded 'Making Notes' section with even more text extracts and examples