1. Introduction; Martin Gill
PART I: DISCIPLINES AND SECURITY
2. History of Security; Bruce George and Steve Kimber
3. Environmental Studies and Security; Richard H. Schneider
4. Criminology and Security; Graham Farrell and Ken Pease
5. Politics, Economics and Security; Adam White
6. Engineering and Security; David Brooks and Clif Smith
7. Design and Security; Paul Ekblom
PART II: OFFENCES
8. Terrorism; Kumar Ramakrishna
9. Murder at Work; Zech Lee and Bob McCrie
10. Workplace Violence; Amy L. Stutzenberger and Bonnie Fisher
11. Piracy and Robbery; Robert Beckman and Monique Page
12. Organised Crime; Mike Levi
13. Commerical Burglary; Rob Mawby
14. Identity Fraud; Henry Pontell and G. Geiss
15. Cyber Crime; Lennon Chang and Peter Grabosky
16. Counterfeiting; Virginie de Barnier
PART III: CRIME AND SECURITY IN SECTORS
17. Crime, Security and the Retail Sector; Adrian Beck
18. Crime, Security and Tourism; Rob Mawby
19. Crime and Security and the Food Sector; Hope Johnson and Reece Walters
20. Crime, Security and the Financial Sector; Mark Button and Martin Tunley
PART IV: RESEARCHING SECURITY
21. The Influence of Security Research; James Calder
22. Knowledge Transfer; Paul Ekblom
23. Working with Offenders; Richard Moule
24. The Ethnographic Approach and Security: The Case of Airports; Alan Kirschenbaum
25. Crime Mapping; Shane Johnson and Kate Bowers
26. Systematic Reviews and Meta-Analysis; Matthew Manning
27. Evaluations and Randomized Controlled Trials in Security Research; Read Hayes and Kyle Grottini
PART V: SECURITY PROCESSES AND SERVICES
28. Signs; Nick Tilley
29. Technologies and Security; Clifton Smith
30. Alarms and Security; David Brooks
31. CCTV; Emmeline Taylor and Martin Gill
32. Security Officers; Mahesh Nalla and Alison Wakefield
33. Private Military Companies; K. Carmola
PART VI: SECURITY AND ITS MANAGEMENT
34. The Role of Partnerships in Security Management; Tim Prenzler and Rick Sarre
35. Management and Risk Management; Joshua Bamfield
36. Disaster and Crisis Management; Dominic Elliott
37. Managing Intelligence and Responding to Emerging Threats, Patrick F. Walsh
38. Regulation and Security; Tim Prenzler and Rick Sarre
PART VII: CRITIQUING SECURITY
39. Corporate Security; Kevin Walby and Randy K. Lippert
40. Liberty and Security; John Deukmedjian
41. Professionalisation and Security; Alison Wakefield
42. Trading and the Commodification of Security; Julie Ayling
43. Security and Ethics; Andrew Adams
44. Some Contradictions of Security; Martin Gill
Andrew A. Adams, Meiji University, Japan.
Julie Ayling, Australia National University, Australia.
Joshua Bamfield, Centre for Retail Research, UK.
Adrian Beck, University of Leicester, UK.
Robert Beckman, University of Singapore, Singapore.
Kate Bowers, University College London, UK.
Mark Button, University of Portsmouth, UK.
James D. Calder, University of Texas, USA.
Kateri Carmola, Carmola Consulting Group, USA.
Lennon Chang, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong.
Virginie de Barnier, Aix-Marseille Graduate School of Management, France.
John E. Deukmedjian, University of Windsor, Canada.
Paul Ekblom, Central Saint Martins College of Arts and Design, UK.
Dominic Elliot, University of Liverpool Management School, UK.
Graham Farrell, Simon Fraser University, USA.
Bonnie S Fisher, University of Cincinnati, USA.
Gilbert Geis, UC, Irvine, USA.
Bruce George, University of Portsmouth, UK.
Peter Grabosky, Australian National University, Australia.
Kyle Grottini, Loss Prevention Research Council (LPRC), USA.
Read Hayes, University of Florida, USA.
Hope Johnson, Queensland University of Technology, Australia.
Shane D. Johnson, University College London, UK.
Simon Kimber, Project Manger, London, UK.
Alan Kirschenbaum, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Israel.
Seungmug (Zech) Lee, Western Illinois University, USA.
Michael Levi, Cardiff University, UK.
Randy K. Lippert, University of Windsor, Canada.
Matthew Manning, Griffith University, Australia.
Rob Mawby, University of South Wales, UK.
Robert D. McCrie, John Jay College of Criminal Justice, USA.
Richard K. Moule Jr., Arizona State University, USA.
Mahesh K. Nalla, Michigan State University, USA.
Monique Page, Centre for International Law, Singapore.
Ken Pease, University College London, UK.
Henry N. Pontell, University of California, Irvine.
Tim Prenzler, Griffith University, Australia.
Kumar Ramakrishna, S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies (RSIS), Singapore.
Rick Sarre, University of South Australia, Australia.
Richard H. Schneider, University of Florida, USA.
Clifton Smith, Edith Cowan University, Australia.
Amy L. Stutzenberger, University of Cincinnati, USA.
Emmeline Taylor, Australian National University, Australia.
Nick Tilley, University College London, UK.
Martin Tunley, University of Portsmouth, UK.
Kevin Walby, University of Winnipeg, Canada.
Alison Wakefield, University of Portsmouth, UK.
Patrick Walsh, Charles Sturt University, Australia.
Reece Walters, Queensland University of Technology, Australia.
Adam White, University of York, UK.