La Regle du jeu
Authors: NA, NA
- A brand new addition to this popular and successful series in time for the 20th anniversary of the BFI Film Classics and the Sight & Sound Greatest Film Poll. Richly illustrated in full colour with images from the film
- Marketing and publicity campaign for BFI Film Classics' 20th anniversary in 2012: There will be a highprofile campaign for the BFI Film Classics throughout 2012 starting with a cover design competition in conjunction with Creative Review
- Beautifully designed pointofsale: Posters, bookmarks, headers and dumpbins will be available for all key accounts and independent bookshops
- Classic of prewar cinema: La Regle du Jeu is regarded as a premier example prewar French realism, showcasing the elemental but also advancement of cinematography
- Controversial history: Banned by French government on initial release for its portrayal of the upper classes
- Established BFI author: Perkins produced acclaimed previous volume in the BFI Film Classics series, on Orson Welles's The Magnificent Ambersons
Buy this book
- Softcover $19.95
price for USA
- ISBN 978-0-85170-965-9
- Free shipping for individuals worldwide
- Online orders shipping within 2-3 days.
- About this book
Renoir's famous and controversial comedy of manners has a troubled history. Victor Perkins presents here a sensitive socio-historical study of Renoir's revised edition of the film, released 20 years after its premiere; shaped by the profundity and originality of its form.
- About the authors
V.F. Perkins is Honorary Professor of Film Studies at Warwick University. His film criticism includes the books Film as Film (1972) and the volume on Orson Welles's The Magnificent Ambersons, also in the BFI Film Classics series (1999).