Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Authors: Smoodin, Eric
- New title in the BFI Film Classic series: A brand new addition to this popular and successful series in time for the 20th anniversary of the BFI Film Classics and the Sight & Sound Greatest Film Poll. Richly illustrated in full colour with images from the film
- Marketing and publicity campaign for BFI Film Classics' 20th anniversary in 2012: There will be a highprofile campaign for the BFI Film Classics throughout 2012
- Beautifully designed pointofsale: Posters, bookmarks, headers and dumpbins will be available for all key accounts and independent bookshops
- A muchloved classic of Hollywood cinema: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs was one of only two animated films to rank in the American Film Institute's list of the 100 greatest American films of all time in 1997
- Eric Smoodin is a leading expert on the American movie industry: There are few other writers with such indepth knowledge of the studio system of the 1930s
Buy this book
- Softcover $19.95
price for USA
- ISBN 978-1-84457-475-9
- Free shipping for individuals worldwide
- Online orders shipping within 2-3 days.
- About this book
On release in the 1930s, Snow White became a milestone in animated film, Disney production and the US box office. Today its fans cross generations and continents, proving that this tale of the loveable, banished princess and her seven outstanding friends possesses a special magic that makes it both an all-time Disney great and a true film classic.
- About the authors
ERIC SMOODIN is Professor of American Studies and Cinema and
Technocultural Studies, University of California, Davis. His most recent books
are Regarding Frank Capra: Audience, Celebrity, and American Film Studies,
1930–1960 (2004) and Looking Past the Screen: Case Studies in American Film
History and Method (co-edited with Jon Lewis, 2007).
...gives us the essential background...' - Total Film