Authors: NA, NA
- To be published as part of our new 'Film Stars' series, bound to attract a lot of attention
- General interest Brigitte Bardot remains an icon of the Sixties and of French cinema
- Ginette Vincendeau is a high profile academic and cultural commentator
- Will include black and white images of BB film stills and screengrabs
Buy this book
- Softcover $27.00
price for USA
- ISBN 978-1-84457-492-6
- Free shipping for individuals worldwide
- Online orders shipping within 2-3 days.
- About this book
Ginette Vincendeau analyses Bardot's rise to fame as a highly-acclaimed French international film star and fashion icon from her early days as a fashion model and ballet dancer to her period of 'high stardom' between 1956 and 1960.
- About the authors
GINETTE VINCENDEAU is Professor in Film Studies at King's College London. Her publications include La Haine (2005), Jean-Pierre
Melville: An American in Paris (2003) and Stars and Stardom in French Cinema (2000). She co-edited The French New Wave: Critical Landmarks (2009) with Peter Graham and, with Alastair Phillips, A Companion to Jean Renoir (2013) and Journeys of Desire: European Actors in Hollywood (2006). She is the editor of the Cine-Files French Film Guides series and a regular contributor to Sight & Sound.
A serious and well-researched account of Brigitte Bardot as a movie star and cultural phenomenom.' – Sight & Sound