The Publishing Process
Congratulations on signing a contract to publish with Palgrave Macmillan! On this page you can find links to useful forms, templates and answers to frequently asked questions about the publishing process.
How do I publish my book with Palgrave Macmillan?
Below you’ll find an overview of the publishing process:
- Submission: Once you’ve submitted your book proposal, sample material, and CV to a Palgrave editor, your editor will contact you to discuss it.
- Peer Review: Your editor will send your proposal and accompanying material to qualified scholars in your field of research for peer review.
- Author Response: When the review is complete, your editor will send it to you and invite a formal response from you.
- Board Approval: With the original proposal, sample material, review, and response is hand, your editor will present the book to our Editorial Board for approval to publish.
- Contract: You will receive an offer letter followed by a contract with an agreed upon delivery date of your final manuscript.
- Production: Deliver your final manuscript along with supplementary rights and permissions forms and your book will be handed over to the production department for cover design, copyediting, proofreading, and binding.
- Publication: Your book is brought to the world in print and eBook format!
- After Publication: For more information on the tools and features available to authors post-publication, please find our After Publication page.
Our editors are here to provide support and guidance throughout the publishing process. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!