Palgrave World Philosophy Day Giveaway Terms and Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. By entering into this Palgrave World Philosophy Day Twitter Giveaway (“Promotion”), you agree that you have read these terms and that you agree to them. Failure to comply with these terms and conditions may result in your disqualification from the Promotion.
- This Promotion is run by Palgrave Macmillan, a division of Macmillan Publishers Limited a company registered in England with registered number 00785998 and registered office at The Campus, 4 Crinan Street, London N1 9XW (“Promoter”).
- To enter this Promotion you must be: (a) resident in a country where it is lawful for you to enter; and (b) aged 18 years old or over (or the applicable age of majority in your country if higher) at the time of entry. This Promotion is void in Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria and where prohibited or restricted by law.
- This Promotion is not open to directors or employees (or members of their immediate families) of Promoter or any subsidiary of Promoter. Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants.
- The Promotion is open for entries between 09.00 GMT on Monday 13th November 2017 and 11.59 GMT on Thursday 16th November 2017.
- No purchase is necessary to enter this prize Promotion and will not increase your chances of winning.
- You can enter this Promotion in the following way: Entry to the Promotion is via Twitter using the following handle: @PalgravePhil. Palgrave will tweet an image of the prize on each day that the Promotion is open for and entrants must retweet the image once only and follow the @PalgravePhil Twitter account.
This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter. By participating you hereby release and hold harmless Twitter from any and all liability associated with this Promotion.
- Only one entry per eligible person. Multiple entries will be deemed to be invalid and may lead to disqualification.
- Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach Promoter by the closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid. No other form of entry is permitted. Please keep a copy of your entry as we will be unable to return entries or provide copies.
- The prize for the Promotion consists of the following: A bundle of four books from the Palgrave Philosophy and Religion list. The prize shall be despatched via standard post at Palgrave’s expense.
- The prizes shall be awarded as follows: The winner will be picked by Palgrave Editorial at random from entries by the closing time, and will be notified in writing (via Twitter from the mentioned account above) by no later than 14 December 2017. This notification shall include details of how the winner may claim the prize.
- The winner(s) of the Promotion shall be notified as follows: The winners will be notified in writing (via Twitter from the mentioned account above) by no later than 14 December 2017. This notification shall include details of how the winner may claim the prize.
- The winner(s) will be required to confirm acceptance of the prize within 30 working days and may be required to complete and return an eligibility form stating their age and residency details, among other details. Promoter will endeavour to ensure that winner(s) receive their prizes within 30 days of the date they confirm acceptance of the prize. If a winner does not accept the prize within 30 days of being notified, they will forfeit their prize and Promoter reserves the right to choose another winner(s). Promoter’s decision is final and Promoter reserves the right not to correspond on any matter.
- The name, region of residence and likeness of the winners may be used by Promoter for reasonable post-event publicity in any form including on Promoter’s website and social media pages at no cost.
- You can find out who has won a prize by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or checking the Palgrave website.
- Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend these Terms and Conditions or change the Prize (to one of equal or greater value) as required by the circumstances. No cash equivalent to the Prize is available.
- Promoter may at its sole discretion disqualify any entrant found to be tampering or interfering with the entry process or operation of the website, or to be acting in any manner deemed to be disruptive of or prejudicial to the operation or administration of the Promotion.
- Other than for death or personal injury arising from negligence of the Promoter, so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter hereby excludes all liability for any loss, damage, cost and expense, whether direct or indirect, howsoever caused in connection with the Promotion or any aspect of the Prize. All activities are undertaken at the entrants own risk. Your legal rights as a consumer are not affected.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with this Agreement shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.