Join us in celebrating World Poetry Day, as we reflect on how poetry allows us to communicate creatively and emotionally and enables us to gain a better understanding of societal issues.
- Save 50% on selected poetry books & eBooks with code POET21 from March 19-23*
- Listen to exclusive podcasts from John Fitch and Elleke Boehmer
- Read our Q&A with Jane Monson
- Browse leading research & save 50% on selected titles exploring John Keats, Ted Hughes and more here
Q&A with Jane Monson
"I think poetry and prose work closely together in so many contexts that rely on combining narrative and key details within that narrative. I see their combined potential in journalism, the essay, short stories, monologues, plays and I’ve also found them working together in scientific contexts, on climate change for example, where the punch of the details that are wrought out from the narrative help engage us and motivate us towards change."
Jane Monson, author of British Prose Poetry, discusses the creative similarities between prose and poetry. Read the full Q&A here.
* If not applied automatically, please enter this coupon code in the shopping cart: POET21 and you will see your savings in the shopping cart. The discount is valid for hardcovers, softcovers and eBooks. This offer is valid only for individual customers and redeemable only on palgrave.com for selected titles. Reference works, handbooks, encyclopedias, forthcoming titles, titles affected by fixed book price laws, and subscriptions are excluded from the promotion, as are Bulk or eBulk orders. This offer does not work in combination with other discounts or gift cards. The currency in which your order is invoiced depends on your billing address, not necessarily your home currency. Institutions such as libraries and corporations are excluded from this promotion. For institutional sales please visit springernature.com/contactus. Get help: email@example.com