Authors' Rights to Re-use Content
Can I re-use content from my book?
Authors, Editors and Contributors of Palgrave Macmillan book content have the following re-use rights, without the requirement to seek additional formal permission from us. Authors should always read their publishing agreement as your own rights to reuse content may vary.
NB Authors of journal articles should refer to our separate Journals retained rights policy.
Following publication of your book by Palgrave Macmillan, you may:
- Re-use any part of the work in new monographs or textbooks published by Palgrave/Springer Nature
- Authors and contributing authors may republish limited amounts of the work in new monographs or textbooks written by the same author and published by a third party publisher
- Make copies of your work for personal use, including up to one chapter for classroom teaching use (but not for inclusion in course pack material for onward sale by libraries and institutions)
- Make and distribute a reasonable number of copies (up to 10) of your work to selected colleagues for their personal use, but not for commercial or systematic distribution
- Make print or digital copies of your work to append to a Curriculum Vitae in support of applications for new posts or to further your career
- The author's employer, if the work is made within the scope of the author's employment, may use all or part of the work for other intra-company use (e.g. training)
Such re-use is subject to acknowledgement of the Palgrave publication in the following form:
- Any Reuse must be based on the Version of Record only, and the original source of publication must be cited according to current citation standards ie [author and/or editor(s) of contribution], [volume and/or contribution title], [year of publication], [publisher (as it appears on our copyright page)] reproduced with permission of Palgrave Springer Nature.
- If you are any doubt about whether your intended re-use is covered by this policy, please contact email@example.com for confirmation.
The above policy does not cover the archiving of your work on your/your funders/employer's/institution's website (green open access). If you wish to archive your work, please check our self-archiving policy.
Journal article authors
If you are looking for information about right for journal article authors, please see Palgrave's journal author rights and permissions article.