Racializing Class, Classifying Race
Labour and Difference in Britain, the USA and Africa
Authors: NA, NA
Buy this book
- Hardcover $159.99
price for USA
- ISBN 978-0-312-22999-3
- Free shipping for individuals worldwide
- Usually dispatched within 3 to 5 business days.
- About this book
The ten essays in this book explore the intersection of race and class in the study of labor on three continents. Leading scholars examine the way in which working-class identities took shape and changed over time in a variety of settings from the sea ports of southern Africa to the copper mining region of the American southwest. Engaged with debates in current scholarship yet accessible to a general audience, these essays deepen an understanding of the international dimension of labor history.
- About the authors
Peter Alexander is Lecturer in Sociology at the Rhodes University in Grahamstown, South Africa.
Rick Halpern is Reader in the History of the United States at University College of London.
- Bibliographic Information
- Book Title
- Racializing Class, Classifying Race
- Book Subtitle
- Labour and Difference in Britain, the USA and Africa
- NA NA
- Series Title
- St Antony's Series
- Palgrave Macmillan UK
- Copyright Holder
- Palgrave Macmillan, a division of Macmillan Publishers Limited
- Hardcover ISBN
- Edition Number
- Number of Pages
- XI, 250