Women of the Press in Nineteenth-Century Britain
Authors: Onslow, B.
Buy this book
- Hardcover $185.00
price for USAvalid through March 31, 2019
- ISBN 978-0-333-68378-1
- Free shipping for individuals worldwide
- Usually dispatched within 3 to 5 business days.
- About this book
Drawing on varied contemporary sources and a database covering hundreds of women, this work assesses women's contribution to 19th-century journalism and how it affected the careers of writers as diverse as George Eliot, Anna Maria Hall, Mary Braddon and Charlotte Yonge.
- About the authors
BARBARA ONSLOW is Lecturer in English at the University of Reading. She has published on women's writing, including journalism in Victorian Poetry and Victorian Periodicals Review.
- Bibliographic Information
- Book Title
- Women of the Press in Nineteenth-Century Britain
- B. Onslow
- Palgrave Macmillan UK
- Copyright Holder
- Palgrave Macmillan, a division of Macmillan Publishers Limited
- Distribution Rights
- Distribution rights are restricted. Dual edition
- Hardcover ISBN
- Edition Number
- Number of Pages
- XII, 309