Towards a European Nationality
Citizenship, Immigration and Nationality Law in the EU
Authors: Hansen, R., Weil, P.
Buy this book
- Hardcover $139.99
price for USA
- ISBN 978-0-333-74015-6
- Free shipping for individuals worldwide
- Usually dispatched within 3 to 5 business days.
- About this book
Adopting a comparative approach, the book examines the evolution of nationality law across the European Union since WWI. It explores the hypothesis that two factors, the experience of large-scale non-European immigration and the need to integrate a large and growing third country national population, have forced a convergence in European nationality law. The book accords attention to the role of gender and decolonisation in reforms to nationality law.
- About the authors
RANDALL HANSEN is a Lecturer in Politics at Queen Mary and Westfield College, University of London. His research focuses on Commonwealth and colonial immigration, the politics of nationality and asylum policy. He is author of Citizenship and Immigration in Postwar Britain.
PATRICK WEIL is Director of Research at CNRS, La Sorbonne, Paris.
- Bibliographic Information
- Book Title
- Towards a European Nationality
- Book Subtitle
- Citizenship, Immigration and Nationality Law in the EU
- R. Hansen
- P. Weil
- Palgrave Macmillan UK
- Copyright Holder
- Palgrave Macmillan, a division of Macmillan Publishers Limited
- Distribution Rights
- Distribution rights are restricted. Dual edition
- Hardcover ISBN
- Edition Number
- Number of Pages
- VIII, 320