President Obama’s Counterterrorism Strategy in the War on Terror
Authors: Cutler, Leonard
- Provides a comprehensive legal and political assessment of President Obama's counterterrorism strategy throughout his two termsDelves into the tangible results of President Obama's counterrorism strategy, including the conflicts Afghanistan and Syria Concludes with an analysis of the outlook for counterrorism strategy under the Trump administration
Buy this book
- Hardcover $69.99
price for USA
- ISBN 978-1-137-56768-0
- Free shipping for individuals worldwide
- Immediate ebook access, if available*, with your print order
- Usually dispatched within 3 to 5 business days.
- About this book
This book assesses President Barack Obama's counterterrorism policy as it evolved throughout his presidency, from the expanded use of drones to the controversial decisions regarding the Syrian conflict. President Obama has achieved the dubious distinction of having been the longest continuous war president in American history, and this title explores how Obama pursued and expanded executive war power in key areas, simultaneously committing to a light footprint approach for U.S. military forces and emphasizing the use of drones, targeted killing of terrorists, and training, advising, and assisting local forces to defend themselves from militant groups such as ISIL. It also provides an in-depth analysis of the defining issue of the Obama counterterrorism strategy: Syria, and his refusal to militarily commit to defeat Bashar al-Assad and support Syria’s insurgency. The work concludes with a consideration of counterterrorism policy post-Obama.
- About the authors
Leonard Cutler is Professor of Public Law at Siena College, USA. He has authored several books and articles addressing national security and counterterrorism policy. Cutler has provided testimony to the Judiciary Committee of the U.S. Senate and the President’s Task Force on Detainee Disposition on Counterterrorism, Surveillance, and the Authorization for the Use of Military Force (AUMF).
- Bibliographic Information
- Book Title
- President Obama’s Counterterrorism Strategy in the War on Terror
- Book Subtitle
- An Assessment
- Leonard Cutler
- Palgrave Macmillan US
- Copyright Holder
- The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s)
- Hardcover ISBN
- Edition Number
- Number of Pages
- XVII, 192
- Number of Illustrations
- 5 illustrations in colour
*immediately available upon purchase as print book shipments may be delayed due to the COVID-19 crisis. ebook access is temporary and does not include ownership of the ebook. Only valid for books with an ebook version. Springer Reference Works are not included.