Special Issue procedure
Acta Politica publishes one special issue per year and welcomes applications as part of its annual call. In line with the journal's mission, applications can cover any (sub-)disciplines that fall under the scope of international political science.
Special Issue proposals must include the following information:
• Guest editor names and institution, contact details and a short biography (max. 100 words per guest editor)
• Special issue proposed title
• Summary of Special Issue Topic (max. 500 words)
• Relevance/originality in the field (max. 300 words)
• Outline of the SI with a list of contributors (name, institution, title of paper, abstract - max. 250 words per paper). Please note: we recommend including between 8 and 12 articles, noting that a typical issue of Acta Politica includes 10 articles.
• Whether the Special Issue is the outcome of a conference/workshop (is so, please add any relevant information)
• A proposed timeframe.
Please note that Special Issue contributions will be managed through the journal’s centralized submission system. Accepted papers will be published online first. The selected proposal will be published if enough papers are accepted to constitute a Special Issue, in the 2024 volume of the journal.
Special Issue Call 2023
Special Issue proposals should be sent to email@example.com. The closing date for submissions is Friday 27 October 2023. Applicants will be notified by the end of November.