History of Finance
The study of the history of financial institutions, markets, instruments and concepts is vital if we are to understand the role played by finance today. With an eye to the future while evaluating the past, titles we’ve published in this space cover a large range — from taxes, credit, and banking to asset management, risk management, and insurance.
Read original opinion pieces from our authors exploring the history of finance.
Selected Free to Access Content
Free to read until June 17.
- The Way We Were: Reflections on the Comparative History of Comparative Economics
- Comparative Economics in Historical Perspective
- The Military Origins of Soviet Industrialization
- The Evolution of the Federal Reserve Swap Lines since 1962
- IMF Lending and Banking Crises
- The Evolving Architecture of Europe: Functioning or Dysfunctional for the Twenty-First Century?
- Forces engendering the long-term economic outlook
- Is Predicting Recessions Enough?
- Crises and the Great Recession