The Countdown to Brexit
As a result of the 2016 vote to leave the European Union, the United Kingdom is currently in a state of transition. Article 50 (issued May 2017) began the official process of removing the country from the EU by March 29, 2019.
Here, Palgrave tracks the progress of Brexit with the latest research from our outstanding team of authors and editors. Read free chapters and journals articles, hear from our researchers, and stay up to date on everything Brexit.
Exclusive insights on the political atmosphere surrounding this controversial decision.
Read the following articles for free until May 31.
British Politics: Conservative Party modernisation from opposition to government
This special Issue features guest editor Richard Hayton, and brings together some of the main themes and issues of David Cameron's attempted modernisation of the Conservative Party in 2015.
Read The Articles Here:
- Whatever happened to Conservative Party modernisation?
- Cameron’s Conservative Party, social liberalism and social justice
- Conservatism, feminisation and the representation of women in UK politics
- Immigration and asylum policy under Cameron’s Conservatives
- Conservative modernisation and European integration: From silence to salience and schism
- From ‘greenest government ever’ to ‘get rid of all the green crap’: David Cameron, the Conservatives and the environment
- From big society to small state: Conservatism and the privatisation of government
- The theory and practice of party modernisation: The conservative party under David Cameron, 2005–2015
More From Palgrave Journals
Exclusive Free Chapters
Access free chapters from these titles until May 31, 2018.
Explore that latest research on the European Union and more.
More from Palgrave
See more from Palgrave Macmillan